Put UMSL in your pocket
Whether you are lost on campus, want to easily contact a faculty member or are looking for the latest University of Missouri–St. Louis news, UMSL has a new solution. And it’s free and fits in your pocket.
The UMSL app for iPhone and Android is now available. The mobile application includes 16 features to help make life at UMSL a little easier. It features extensive campus maps, a comprehensive directory with one-touch dialing and email options and easy access to UMSL Daily, UMSL Tritons and campus events news.
Additional features of the app include:
• Student tools – make learning easier with a digital planner, study log, lab info and academic calendar
• Social media – quick access to the university’s YouTube, Facebook and Twitter pages
• Quick help – easily email a question to the Office of Admissions, contact UMSL Police and email comments, suggestions or questions to the UMSL mobile app team
• Radio – listen to any of UMSL’s four radio channels: St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU, The Gateway KWMU-2, Classical KWMU-3 and The U – UMSL Student Radio
• General Information – learn about UMSL programs and the university
Students and staff members collaborated on the app’s creation. The mobile app team includes:
• Bethany Aurand, a senior majoring in art
• Nathan Halley, data base programmer/analyst-specialist for Information Technology Services
• Jon Hinderliter, manager of web and electronic communications for University Marketing and Communications
• Paul Pratte, data base programmer/analyst-principal for Information Technology Services
Hinderliter, the marketing and communications lead on the project, said he was aware of the need for such an app for some time. But rather than rush out a poor product, he said he knew it was important to take the time and do it right.
“By working with ITS at every stage of the development, we built a powerful, fully featured mobile app with a simple, elegant design perfectly suited to the strengths of the campus,” Hinderliter said. “ We worked hard to build something in the application for everyone connected to UMSL. Try it today. You won’t be disappointed.”
Visit umsl.edu/mobile for more information about the UMSL app for iPhone and Android.
Short URL: http://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=24046