Follow us on our Adventure!

Oh the Places We’ll Go

Here is the thing about the people you meet at the Grace Hopper conference: absolutely fearless.  

I met a woman who manages a product development team and has learned Spanish, French, Dutch, and Italian.  She’s lived in Puerto Rico, Belgium, Holland, and now back at the United States.  She started out as a software engineer for a small company, unsure if what she wanted, but willing to try anything at all.  

With technology, there is already a sense for the need of trying new things.  Fail fast, fail often. As a woman in technology, that is amplified.  There is a whole slew of different perspectives that we bring into innovation in a space that has not yet been preoccupied with enough of these perspectives.  We live in a time where the STEM field is still largely dominated by a very specific demographic.  However, the times are changing.  With that change, and with that change we see the fearless rise to the occasion.  So I am here surrounded by those people, absolutely invigorated to fail fast and fail often and do better.  As a woman, in my skin, I can too.