Follow us on our Adventure!

Grace Hopper Celebration 2018

Hey everyone I just wanted to take some time out to introduce myself. My name is Sherie Richards and this will be my first time attending the Grace Hopper Celebration. I will be graduating in May 2019 with a bachelors in Business Information Systems. So far since I have been at UMSL I have been apart of the UMSL Hack a thon in February 2018 and I have attended a few meetings and tons of tutoring sessions. I have  definitely learned so much more about computers and coding and I am surprised to see how creative and  talented other UMSL students are. I have meet a lot of wonderful people during my time at UMSL and I plan to network and learn so much more at the GHC celebration.

My goals for the GHC celebration is to learn more about myself and my strengths, learn from other successful women in the computing industry and what steps they have taken to achieve their goals, innovative ways to be successful in my new role, and lastly to get a job offer. I am thankful for the opportunity to attend the conference and mostly thankful for the donors who have given me the opportunity to be apart of such a great event.