Follow us on our Adventure!

Why GHC 19?

I had the pleasure to attend the GHC 18 and it made an impact in my life. It brought more ideas to me on where I wanted to go with my career. I applied this year because I want one more experience because last year made a great impact on me. This year is completely different for me. I want to go this year because it will allow me to not only network more but to provide me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and understand more about open opportunities.

The question is “Why do I want to attend again?” Let me answer that for you.

With just getting into IT for the first time in my career, I want to expand my knowledge. This year I am going to take this opportunity and attend as many sessions I can to obtain a deeper knowledge in different technologies. In addition, I want to connect on a professional level with the recruiters to keep my options open as my career progresses. This year would be my last year I can attend as a student and I just want to make this the most impactful year with obtaining new learnings that I can bring back and share amongst others. This is to better myself so I can speak at events for the UMSL Information Systems and Technology Department.

#UMSLĀ  #Information Systems #Hopper #Women in Technology #UMSL2GHC

Categorised in: Hello World, Who Are We?, Women's Issues