How to report COVID- 19 case and/or symptoms:
1. Please log on to umsl.edu/staysafe/reporting.html. The submission of the form is received by the Campus Health Officer, who is responsible for tracking confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases on campus. For faculty and staff, the form will also be received by Human Resources who will work with the appropriate supervisor to address departmental needs related to the affected employee’s absence. Employees are also responsible for notifying their supervisor if their health status results in an absence from work.
Questions? Contact Health Services at (314) 516-5671.
How to apply for FFCRA Leave:
2. Employees requesting paid time off as a result of qualifying Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) reasons must complete the “FFCRA Paid Sick Leave and Paid Family and Medical Leave Request Form” (PDF, 854KB). The form will be signed by your supervisor and then reviewed by human resources for eligibility and approval. Instructions on where to submit the form for review and approval is noted on the request form. If approved, you and your supervisor will receive an email with instructions on how to put the time in your time sheet. FFCRA Paid Sick Leave ends December 31, 2020.
Having technical issues with completing the Return to Campus training:
3. Users can learn more about how to access training in our how-to guide. If you need support as you complete training, reach out to the HR Service Center at (573) 882-2146, (800) 488-5288 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For our campus, myLearn is reporting a 40% completion rate as of November 25th. The last day to complete all of the Return to Campus training is December 22, 2020.
The New Employee Orientation dates for the remainder of 2020:
4. December 7 and December 14
Just a few reminders of upcoming events and deadlines…
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd
November 3rd is election day and polling places in Missouri are open from 6:00 am until 7:00 pm. Form UMSL employees (even if you live in Illinois) whose schedule does not allow three (3) successive hours off when polls are open, they may, prior to election day, request the necessary (paid) time off to vote. Supervisors may specify the time an employee may be absent to vote. For details see UM Policy HR-411
The voting time reporting code for BIW employees is “VOT” while the code for monthly employees is “VTM”.
If you have any questions, please contact your HR Consultant.
Annual Enrollment Ends Friday, November 6th
Annual Enrollment is coming up; from October 26–November 6, 2020, you can make changes to your insurance elections for the 2021 plan year. There are a few steps you can take now to prepare:
Focus Friday, November 6th: The Chancellor has designated November 6 as Focus Friday – a day for us to focus on self-care, reflection and wellness. The goal of this day is for us all to make adjustments, no matter how small, that support the health and well-being of each one of us.
Just a few simple changes to our day can give us all a brief, but meaningful break from the new normal:
- Modify assignments or instruction/class plans to give students a day to focus on studies or personal needs
- Supervisors can reschedule plans to provide a day free of Zoom/Teams meetings and conference calls for their staff
- Take a walk, visit the Rec Center or join a virtual fitness class to stay active
- Limit email activity to avoid inbox-overload for others
- Visit the Virtual Relaxation Room or engage in a guided mindfulness practice
- Reach out to connect with friends, family members or neighbors
- Send a note of gratitude to those who have helped you during this time or find an opportunity to volunteer for others
- Perform an act of kindness
Are you a staff member at UMSL thinking about pursuing a graduate program here at UMSL? Join the Graduate School and Office of Admissions for a virtual Graduate Information Fair on Wednesday, October 28 to learn more about graduate programs here at UMSL.
You will hear about graduate admissions at UMSL followed by breakout rooms hosted by different academic departments. Faculty, staff, and current students will be available to help answer your questions.
Graduate Admissions – 4:00 p.m.
Academic Session #1 – 4:30 p.m.
Academic Session #2 – 5:30 p.m.
Check out the academic departments who will be presenting and register at this website.
For more information please contact UMSL Admissions:
For Applicants: 314-516-5458
For Current Students: 314-516-5900
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is offering many professional development opportunities this Fall/Spring to support your efforts to build a more welcoming and inclusive campus community. In order to mitigate risk, all programming for the Fall 2020 is scheduled to take place online (either Canvas or Zoom). Spring 2021 registration will be opened once it is determined if sessions will take place in-person or will continue online.
All programs are free of charge and open to all UMSL employees.
Click here to download the ODEI Professional Development flyer.
For more information and registration please visit https://blogs.umsl.edu/diversity/training-and-professional-development/
Just a friendly reminder, everyone should complete the Return to Campus training that is available in myLearn by September 5.
Return to Campus training is designed to help faculty, staff and student workers learn about university policies and practices related to COVID-19. Training is available in myLearn and can be accessed by selecting the “Learning Plan” icon in the top, left-hand corner.
Users can also learn more about how to access training in our how-to guide. If you need support as you complete training, reach out to the HR Service Center at (573) 882-2146, (800) 488-5288 or via email at email@example.com.
Effective July 8, 2020, all UMSL Faculty and Staff user accounts will use Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) when logging into Microsoft products, including Outlook, Outlook Web Access, Microsoft Teams, and Office 365. Multi-Factor Authentication provides an additional layer of security by requiring you to receive and enter a temporary passcode when logging on, which helps ensure that your credentials cannot be used by anyone other than you. This is part of a system wide project to better protect the information of the University.
ITS recommends that you use a desktop computer to walk through the instructions for mobile device installs before July 8th. For setup instructions please visit: http://umsl.edu/technology/Microsoft-Multi-Factor-Authentication-Setup.pdf
To begin using Microsoft MFA, download the Microsoft Authentication App from the app store on your mobile device. Then, register your account at aka.ms/mfasetup.
We highly recommend you review the Frequently Asked Questions by visiting: http://umsl.edu/technology/microsoft-authentication.html
If you have any questions, please contact the Technology Support Center at 314-516-6034 or chat with us at https://help.umsl.edu.
Next Step is taking student applications and department submittals for Fall 2020 now through June 21st.
Next Step is an on-campus paid internship that bridges the college to career transition through practical workshops focused on resume-building experience, career preparation and self-discovery. Next step focuses on developing the students’ core competencies, including: Critical thinking/problem solving, teamwork/collaboration, leadership, career management, oral/written communications, digital technology, professionalism/work ethic, and global/intercultural fluency.
To apply please visit our webpage: https://www.umsl.edu/services/hrs/careers/nextstep.html
For more information please contact Megan Hemann at firstname.lastname@example.org
This weekly call is for UMSL staff as we work remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13126266799,,632793022# or +16465588656,,632793022#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592
Webinar ID: 632 793 022
Previous recordings are available here: Working Well.