Join us in welcoming our new team members to HR!

We are  pleased to announce the additions and changes that have recently taken place in Human Resources.

Ericka Webb joined the HR team on August 26th as the new Executive Assistant to Executive Director Jim Hertel. Ericka brings over 10 years of administrative experience working in academic and corporate office environments.  She has worked extensively in public K-12 institutions and brings a wealth of knowledge in office procedures and customer service.  Ericka enjoys working with people and helping them solve urgent workplace problems.

Ericka is a self-starter, ready to take the lead on projects relating to office procedures and see them through to completion.  Her exceptional people skills, motivation and ability to problem solve, make her an ideal executive assistant.

Ericka received her undergraduate degree here at UMSL. She is a U.S. Army Veteran and enjoys spending time with her friends and family.

The HR Team is excited to have Kelly Adams join the team as the Leader of Staff Recruiting, Selection & Onboarding. Kelly is passionate about recruiting quality hires and the overall candidate experience. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Studies and continues to seek learning opportunities, especially topics related to candidate experience and retention. Kelly is anxious to explore ways to communicate and engage effectively with talent, and assist our campus in creating high performing teams. Prior to joining our team, her previous HR related work experience was in Staffing and Healthcare. Kelly also spent several years as the Volunteer Services Supervisor at St. Louis Children’s Hospital Foundation. In this role, Kelly worked closely with the patients and donors cultivating relationships, allocating volunteer resources and sharing the hospital’s mission. As the Staff Recruiter, Kelly is excited to extend the same level of service to UMSL, by supporting our mission of “We Transform Lives”. As the Staff Recruiter, Kelly will work closely with hiring managers and HR Consultants to recruit, select, onboard and engage quality talent to continue the university’s mission to transform lives. Kelly enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, Netflix binge watching, a perfect margarita, and afternoon naps. She is an extreme foodie.

Jennifer Heck, already part of the HR Team, will move to a new position joining Kelly in our efforts to transform Recruitment. Jennifer obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a Minor in Business, and a certificate in Multicultural. For the past 4 years  at UM System, Jennifer worked in HR in payroll, recruitment, and records. Jennifer’s true passions within the HR are compensation and recruitment. She is looking forward to implementing process improvement strategies to ensure an efficient recruitment process for hiring managers, recruiters, and candidates alike. In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys visiting her family in Iowa (she promises there is more to Iowa than corn :-), playing disc golf, and catching up on all the DC Marvel shows on Netflix. Jennifer looks forward to contributing to UMSL’s mission by transforming recruitment.

Michelle Klump, Records Assistant, is taking on the responsibility for ePAF processing, I-9 verification, and general inquiries.

“I am excited to start a new career with UMSL!  Being a part of the HR department allows me to work with a great team every day! My family is just as excited for this great opportunity! I want to say thank you to everyone here at UMSL that I have met in these past few weeks for making me feel so welcome!

When Michelle is away from her UMSL family, she enjoys spending time with her husband and three children, specifically, catching up with their two older sons or spending weekends watching their younger daughter play her favorite sports.

Andrea Dunbar, HR Specialist,  transferred from the College of Arts & Sciences to the HR Records team effective August 25th.  Over the past 35 years, she has built successful, collaborative, meaningful working relationships and everlasting friendships.  According to Andrea, the best thing about working at UMSL has been “the ability to witness the mission of this great University fulfilled by educating not just St. Louis area students, but those in surrounding cities, towns, states, and beyond.” Andrea enjoys making people laugh, possess the gift of “gab,” and loves to sing.

“Working for UMSL has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my entire adulthood.  When I embarked on a mission to find a job at the age of 21, little did I know that I was adventuring into a career. I’m eternally grateful for my colleagues, past and present, who’ve continued to guide and mentor me along this journey. I am, and will forever remain “UMSL Proud’.”