Just a few reminders of upcoming events and deadlines…
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd
November 3rd is election day and polling places in Missouri are open from 6:00 am until 7:00 pm. Form UMSL employees (even if you live in Illinois) whose schedule does not allow three (3) successive hours off when polls are open, they may, prior to election day, request the necessary (paid) time off to vote. Supervisors may specify the time an employee may be absent to vote. For details see UM Policy HR-411
The voting time reporting code for BIW employees is “VOT” while the code for monthly employees is “VTM”.
If you have any questions, please contact your HR Consultant.
Annual Enrollment Ends Friday, November 6th
Annual Enrollment is coming up; from October 26–November 6, 2020, you can make changes to your insurance elections for the 2021 plan year. There are a few steps you can take now to prepare:
- Research the plan choices that are right for you
- Review plan changes for 2021Make sure your information is up-to-date in myHR
- Learn about other benefits available to you
Focus Friday, November 6th: The Chancellor has designated November 6 as Focus Friday – a day for us to focus on self-care, reflection and wellness. The goal of this day is for us all to make adjustments, no matter how small, that support the health and well-being of each one of us.
Just a few simple changes to our day can give us all a brief, but meaningful break from the new normal:
- Modify assignments or instruction/class plans to give students a day to focus on studies or personal needs
- Supervisors can reschedule plans to provide a day free of Zoom/Teams meetings and conference calls for their staff
- Take a walk, visit the Rec Center or join a virtual fitness class to stay active
- Limit email activity to avoid inbox-overload for others
- Visit the Virtual Relaxation Room or engage in a guided mindfulness practice
- Reach out to connect with friends, family members or neighbors
- Send a note of gratitude to those who have helped you during this time or find an opportunity to volunteer for others
- Perform an act of kindness