Consenting to receive your W-2 through myHR has many benefits:
- Early access to the form anywhere at any convenient time (much earlier than the traditional mail process), which can mean early filing which means early refunds
- Access to the form requires your unique SSO and password – as well as your SSN once you get to the page, ensuring a secure process
- No paper copy will be mailed from Central Payroll in Columbia, MO to your home address, which eliminates the chance that your paper Form W-2 will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery or after receipt
- Compensation and tax withholding information may easily be downloaded into many tax preparation software programs
- This option only needs to be made once and will carry over to future years, unless you manually withdraw consent
- Green and Convenient – access to this form will be available for several years – reprint as many times as you need
To receive your W-2 electronically through myHR, please consent by December 31st to ensure your W-2 will be available to print in early January. To do so, simply log into myHR, click on the Payroll tile, then click on W-2/W-2c Consent on the left-hand navigation menu, then follow the instructions on your screen.
If you have any questions, please contact the payroll office at (314) 516-5238.
Under the UMSL Employee Volunteer Program, eligible UMSL staff employees receive up to eight hours of non-accruing paid time per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) to volunteer for qualifying volunteer organizations in the Greater St. Louis area.
This time may be taken in two-hour, half day or whole day increments at the discretion of the employee during regular working hours, subject to pre-approval by the employee’s supervisor and the volunteer organization to which the time is being donated. Volunteer hours should be tracked utilizing the Time & Labor system. For a listing of current volunteer opportunities in the area, click here. Please submit your request to Audra Bickline.
Please join us in welcoming Megan Jakel, our newest member to the Human Resources team. Megan, HR Consultant, will be providing professional consultation and administrative oversight to ensure the integrity of Human Resource structures, policies and processes.
Megan’s background as a mobile trainer and consultant has prepared her to be the primary point of contact for talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, training, and related HR areas specifically for the Student Affairs division.
Megan has supported management, new employees, as well as potential clients regarding full cycle recruitment, advertising strategy and training.
Megan holds a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications with a minor in Theatre and Dance from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. In her spare time, she enjoys golfing, performing in musicals, and going to the drive-in theatre on Fridays with her significant other, Corey. Megan also has a beagle/French bulldog named Henry, whom she enjoys taking for walks.
Welcome aboard, Megan!
Worker’s Compensation provides for the payment of medical expenses and compensation to any covered individual who is injured in a work related accident.
If you are injured on the job, you should:
- Contact your supervisor
- Complete the Report of Injury form and send it to HR immediately
- For non-emergency cases, you should visit any Concentra location if medical attention is necessary
- You will then be contacted by a Worker’s Compensation consultant from Corporate Claims Management
Please review the Worker’s Compensation Policy for more information:(https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/rules/hrm/hr300/hr307).
Harry Truman famously said that “Not all readers are leaders but all leaders are readers.”
myLEARN is a rich source of thousands of books (print and audio), videos, online and instructor-led courses that are available free and on-demand to UMSL employees. Many of these resources count towards Continuing Professional Education credits to maintain professional certifications. Need points for the wellness incentive? myLearn courses count! Need to develop specific leadership competency? Find myLEARN resources specific to each competency. Need a topic for a lunch and learn? You guessed it, it’s in myLEARN! So whether you’re advancing your own leadership journey or your team’s, start with myLEARN.
Beginning Tuesday, September 5, the UMSL Center for Behavioral Health (CBH) will provide counseling services for our Employee Assistance Program. In addition to on-campus appointments on Tuesdays, you now have options for appointments at the CBH’s main location in Town and Country.
Continue reading “Changes to UMSL’s Employee Assistance Program”
Congratulations to Elizabeth Eckelkamp who will serve as UMSL’s first Associate Provost for Student Success! Beth was formerly an Associate Dean in the College of Arts and Sciences. In her new role, she will be responsible for development and implementation of strategic priorities for academic advising, first-year programming, curricular design and the reform of associated university policies and procedures. Read more…
Get more information about your retirement planning by attending sessions that cover University retirement plans and coming retiree health insurance eligibility changes.for those that retire 01/01/2018 or later. There is no cost to you, but registration is required and spaces are limited, so register today! Continue reading “Planning for Retirement? Attend a Seminar & Schedule a One-on-One Appointment”
Regardless of where your name appears on the org chart, you contribute to creating the work environment of those around you. In this blog post, Leadership Freak author, Dan Rockwell, explores how you can transform a negative workplace through optimism, language and openness.
PeopleSoft 9.2 launched at the beginning of August and we have successfully processed payroll for the entire campus as of today. We appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance as we have rolled out this new system!
Here are some tips for navigating the new system:
A new link to sign in. If you have a bookmark saved to your desktop, you need to replace it in order to sign in. Here is the new link to copy and save to your bookmarks. The myHR link has not changed for time reporters.
- Firefox or Chrome work best with Peoplesoft 9.2. Expect issues if you try to use Internet Explorer or Safari. If you sign in and see a circle that continues to spin, log out and clear your cache (CTRL and F5 at the same time). This will clear your history and should allow you to sign in.
- A new pay group for temporary employees. MOT is the new pay group for monthly temporary employees and BIT for biweekly temporary employees. If you find a payroll report that is missing employees, please let us know, it’s likely due to this change.
If you have any questions about the new system, please feel free to contact us in HR at 314-516-5805.