Best of the #UMSLDigital Conference

Can’t believe it has already been a week since the UMSL Digital Conference! There were so many great sessions with so many amazing speakers at this year’s State of Digital Media Marketing Conference, but because there were so many options you couldn’t see every session. Whether there was a session you wanted to attend and couldn’t, or you weren’t able to make it to the annual conference this year, don’t worry…I’ve got you covered! To help you get your #UMSLDigital fix, I have compiled some excellent recaps and articles from speakers, sponsors, and local bloggers below!
If you have an article about the conference that you think should be featured, please click here to submit it.

Make Media that Serves

By Chris Brogan
I was the keynote speaker at Perry Drake’s UMSL digital marketing event last week. The room was a mix of agency people, business owners, and students. With that in mind, I asked them if they wanted to see what I speak about with businesses who are asking about how to use media and community to earn more customers. They said that would be okay (I mean, I was the keynote. If that wasn’t okay, would they have asked, “What else have you got?”) I thought I’d share WHY I picked what I did as my keynote speech. Read Full Article

UMSL Digital Conference Recap

Kw3Wiveh_400x400By Thomas Salopek
The State of Digital Media Marketing Conference 2015 went off without at hitch at the UMSL campus on April 17th. It was a day filled with multiple speakers, workshops and networking. It was clear the size of the conference was much larger this year.
Overall, there was a good variety of speakers from all walks of media; from Chris Brogan (keynote) toJustin Warshowsky of Google. The key themes that came out of this year’s conference were clear: Personalization, Predictability and Transparency. Read Full Article

Snapchat Recap: 2015 State of Digital Media Marketing Conference hosted by UMSL Digital

By Brad Wester
Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 7.17.39 PM
Read Full Article

UMSL Does It Again: Proves the Midwest is THE Hub for Marketing Innovation

By Heather Bartel
Let’s start with a few Q & As: In 2018, what will marketers spend 55% of their budgets on? Video. What do smart marketers do already? They don’t try to include everyone. How do you ask for more? With data and a point of view; not just feelings.
These are just a few of the notable nuggets of inspiration shared at the 3rd Annual Digital Media Marketing Conference hosted by the UMSL Business School. More than 700 professionals attended the two-day affair at the J.C. Penney Conference Center on UMSL’s North campus featuring keynote speaker Chris Brogan and a packed agenda with a job fair, hands-on workshops, local technology startups, speaker sessions and much, much more. Read Full Article

Is your career insulated?

By Travis Sheridan
I don’t take myself too seriously. I also think we are a collection of our experiences and we bring that collection to each job we get. The process by which those experiences are packaged and how new experiences are added to the collection seems very interesting. We are beyond the world of resumes and job postings. There is a way for people to assemble their collection in a way that it aligns with opportunities even before an opportunity presents itself. Read Full Article

Simplicity is Key!

ivan temelkovBy Ivan Temelkov
Have you ever heard the saying “Simplicity is key”? Of course you have. As a matter of fact, we all have especially in the business world. It seems to be all too common these days though. Isn’t it? Do you ever wonder what it really means? How does it translate logistically in your own business? This past week I got a chance to attend the 3rd annual UMSL State of Digital Media Marketing Conference here in St. Louis, MO. An event that for the first time in its three year existence has outgrown the venue.  Read Full Article

Want more #UMSLDigital?

Check out the top tweets from the conference! 

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 10.28.24 PM