Fall arts at UMSL’s Touhill Center featured prominently by St. Louis Post-Dispatch
If the St. Louis Post-Dispatch fall arts guide is any indication, there will be plenty of great things to see and do over the next few months at the University of Missouri–St. Louis’ Blanche M. Touhill Performing Arts Center.
The newspaper highlighted prominent events in several entertainment categories. Events at the Touhill were featured in the must-see; theater, dance, jazz and visual arts; family; and classical lists. They included:
• Must-see events: New Dance Horizons II and Dan Savage
• Dance, jazz and visual arts shows: MADCO, “Abyssinian: A Gospel Celebration” and The Shanghai Ballet
• Theater: Variety Children’s Theatre’s “Peter Pan” and The Improv Shop
• Classical: Arianna String Quartet’s “An Evening with Johannes Brahms”
• Family: “The Very Last Green Thing”
The Touhill and UMSL had more events highlighted on those lists than any other St. Louis-area universities and peer venues such as the Fox Theatre, Peabody Opera House, Powell Symphony Hall and Sheldon Concert Hall.
“This proves we are meeting our vision statement of being a top-tier venue in St. Louis and a home for the best in performing art,” said John Cattanach, director of the Touhill at UMSL. “I will also say our claim to offering a wide variety of events has been met with our appearance on five different genre lists. We are proud of the fact that we are hosting some of the most desired and valued events in this fall season.”
Short URL: https://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=40940