16 photos from UMSL Homecoming 2016
Homecoming 2016 at the University of Missouri–St. Louis proved a busy, fun-filled week for members of the campus community, including UMSL photographer August Jennewein. The nearly 200 photos included in a Flickr gallery showcasing the festivities bear that out, capturing a wide range of the many memorable moments from the annual celebration Feb. 1 to 6.
UMSL Daily settled on 16 favorites from Homecoming 2016 to share below. Explore more of Jennewein’s work on Flickr.
Student Life staff member Colleen Pace tallies up the 10,086 canned goods UMSL students donated as part of CANstruction.
5. A chili feed-goer displays a handful of recipes submitted and served by UMSL faculty and administrators who participated in the Feb. 3 competition. The Golden Ladle Award ultimately went to “Tom’s Traditional & Easy Garlic Crock Pot Chili,” entered by the College of Arts & Sciences.
6. UMSL students enjoy the traditional Big Man on Campus event Feb. 2, which proved a hit with the large crowd that gathered in the Millennium Student Center to cheer on the contestants.
7. Homecoming king candidate Braxton Perry and fellow UMSL students perform a somewhat prophetic number during the Feb. 3 Lip Sync Competition. Three days later, Perry was in fact crowned king.
8. Lip Sync Competition judges (from left) Beth Eckelkamp, Curt Coonrod, Yvette Kell and Miriam Roccia, along with Director of Student Life Jessica Long-Pease, react to the creativity and showmanship on stage during the event.
15. While putting in a day of volunteer service in the local community alongside fellow UMSL students Feb. 5, nursing major Samantha Tran ties a shoe at Patch Center (part of Grace Hill).
For even more photos, see the Flickr gallery.
Short URL: https://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=61265