UMSL marketing efforts honored at regional conference
The University of Missouri–St. Louis received eight awards this month for marketing and communications work in 2010.
The Council for the Advancement and Support of Education, District VI presented the awards for projects in writing, graphic design, news media relations, multimedia and video production. The awards were announced Jan. 11 at the district’s annual conference in Kansas City, Mo.
The awards, categories and winning projects are:
* Gold, Excellence in Multimedia Video, “UMSL Learning & Living”
* Gold, Excellence in Graphic Design, “Inspiring Hope, Changing Lives – School of Social Work”
* Silver, Excellence in Multimedia, Single Web Page, “UMSL Chancellor’s e-Holiday Card”
* Silver, Excellence in Fundraising Materials, Fundraising Videos or DVDs, “Gateway for Greatness – Three Student Stories”
* Bronze, Excellence in Writing, Profile-Personality Article or Feature, “Cash in the Crease”
* Bronze, Excellence in Communications, Overall Publications, Publications Program Improvement, “UMSL Magazine Spring 2010”
* Bronze, Excellence in Writing, Feature Story, “Capturing Cleveland High One Click at a Time”
* Bronze, Excellence in Institutional Relations, Media Placements on a single topic, “Emerson, UMSL Partner to Enhance Region”
The awards were earned by staff in University Marketing and Communications. The unit is led by Ron Gossen, senior associate vice chancellor and chief marketing officer.
“That the UMSL Marketing and Communications team has been recognized so highly across such a broad communications spectrum is a remarkable achievement,” he said. “It speaks to the outstanding talents of each individual and of the collaborative teams who work so effectively in supporting the mission of the university.”
CASE is an international association serving educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and related areas.
UMSL is a member of CASE District VI, which includes Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Short URL: https://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=6816