Regional conference honors UMSL marketing, communications efforts
Competing against the likes of the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, the University of Nebraska, the University of Missouri–Columbia, Saint Louis University and other major universities, the University of Missouri–St. Louis was honored with a record number of awards for creative excellence by the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education District VI. The university’s Office of Marketing and Communications received 10 awards for its 2011 creative work.
CASE District VI recognized UMSL’s work in writing, graphic design, media relations, advertising, digital media and video production. The awards were announced Jan. 10 at the district’s annual conference in Denver.
The awards, categories and winning projects (with team members in parentheses) are:
* Gold, Excellence in Graphic Design: Institutional Identity Program, “Louie Says Get Ready for New Student Orientation” (August Jennewein, Joan Barnidge)
* Gold, Excellence in Writing: Press Release, “Oldest Known Tablet Predates Microchip by 2,500 Years” (Kylie Shafferkoetter)
* Gold, Excellence in Fundraising Materials: Fundraising Videos and/or DVDs, “UMSL Gateway to Greatness” (Ryan Heinz, Linda Tracy, Bob Samples)
* Silver, Excellence in Communications–Periodicals: Electronic Newsletter or Magazine, “UMSL Daily” (Ron Gossen, Bob Samples, Linda Tracy, Ryan Heinz, Jon Hinderliter, Tom Hockett, Jennifer Hatton, Maureen Zegel, Kylie Shafferkoetter, Jack Crosby, August Jennewein, Rose Postma)
* Silver, Excellence in Graphic Design: Publication Created Exclusively for Electronic Distribution, “UMSL Daily” (Ron Gossen, Jon Hinderliter, Joan Barnidge, Ryan Heinz)
* Silver, Excellence in Writing: Radio or Video Script, “UMSL Fall Recruitment” (Ron Gossen, Bob Samples)
* Bronze, Excellence in Graphic Design: Newsletter/Tabloid, “UMSL IBI News Spring 2011” (Sandy Morris, Cindy Bertram, Jack Crosby, Rose Postma, August Jennewein, Jennifer Hatton)
* Bronze, Excellence in Writing: Radio or Video Script, “UMSL Who’s Kelly” (Ron Gossen, Bob Samples)
* Bronze, Excellence in Advertising: Radio Ad, “UMSL Late Registration” (Ron Gossen, Bob Samples)
* Bronze, Excellence in Advertising: Radio Ad, “UMSL Fall Radio” (Ron Gossen, Bob Samples)
“That the UMSL Marketing and Communications team has been recognized so highly across such a broad communications spectrum, while competing against the largest universities in the Midwest, is a remarkable achievement,” said Ron Gossen, senior associate vice chancellor and chief marketing officer. “It speaks to the outstanding talents of each individual and of the collaborative teams who work so effectively in supporting the mission of the university.”
CASE is an international association serving educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and related areas.
UMSL is a member of CASE District VI, which includes Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Short URL: https://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=18124