Marketing team’s work earns national recognition
The hits just keep on coming for the University of Missouri–St. Louis.
On the heels of UMSL’s record-setting 10 awards from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education in January comes news that University Marketing and Communications has garnered additional honors. Competing against the likes of DePaul University in Chicago, Syracuse University in New York, Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., Pepperdine University in Malibu, Calif., and other major institutions, UMSL received five awards for its creative work in the 27th annual Educational Advertising Awards competition.
The winners in the national competition were announced April 4. UMSL’s awards, categories and winning projects (with team members in parentheses) are:
• Gold, Publication-External, UMSL Magazine (University Marketing and Communications)
• Silver, Magazine Advertisement-Single, “You’re our best social network” (Tom Hockett, August Jennewein, Sandy Morris and Linda Tracy)
• Merit, Imprinted Materials, “Social networking with the dead” T-shirt for Department of History (Joan Barnidge and Tom Hockett)
• Merit, Newsletter, IBI News (Joan Barnidge, Cindy Bertram, Jack Crosby, Jennifer Hatton, Tom Hockett, August Jennewein, Sandy Morris and Rose Postma)
• Merit, Logo Design, Employee Volunteer Program (Sandy Morris)
Ron Gossen, senior associate vice chancellor and chief marketing officer, leads UMSL’s marketing and communications team.
“The professionals in University Marketing and Communications continue to stand out from among their peers in higher education,” Gossen said. “That the competition represented the largest and most renowned universities in the country, and that UMSL did so well, is another acknowledgement of the creative expertise in the unit. They do great work.”
The Educational Advertising Awards is the largest educational advertising awards competition in the United States. This year, more than 2,900 entries were received from more than 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools from all 50 states and several foreign countries.
The Educational Advertising Awards are presented by the Higher Education Marketing Report, a publication of the HMR Publications Group, which also publishes the Healthcare Marketing Report, Admissions Marketing Report and Healthcare Call Center Times.
Short URL: https://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=22889