UMSL to hold annual International Business Career Conference
Do you want an edge in the global business market? See yourself traveling and interacting with worldwide companies? Attend the annual University of Missouri–St. Louis International Business Career Conference March 14 in the J.C. Penney Building/Conference Center at UMSL. The conference, “Breaking International Borders,” will run from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and includes a series of workshops, speakers and panel discussions.
Tom Wilson, vice president of global communications and corporate marketing at Monsanto in St. Louis, will be the keynote speaker. Wilson leads Monsanto’s efforts in the areas of corporate affairs, public affairs and corporate branding. Prior to joining Monsanto in 2009, he spent 20 years at Anheuser-Busch in a wide range of roles that included sales representative, operations manager, controller, brand manager and director of marketing operations. Wilson earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from UMSL and a master’s degree in business administration from Saint Louis University.
UMSL’s annual International Business Career Conference allows students the opportunity to connect with professionals and learn about career opportunities. The conference is open to all college students.
In addition to Wilson’s keynote the conference will also include:
- “Breaking communication barriers” – Tim Heard (Brown Shoe)
- “Breaking immigration barriers” – Betsy Cohen (The St. Louis Mosaic Project)
- “Where are the breaks in international business” – John Sabourin (Bunge North America)
- “Giving the family a break” – Elizabeth de la Garza-Ahern (Illinois SBDC International Trade Center)
- “Breaking into the international markets with sales” – Scott Bell (Siemens)
- “How I got my break in international business” – UMSL Alumni Panel: Matt Kelley, Chelsea Miller and Jackie Gilliland
An executive panel discussion will conclude the event with an open Q&A session.
Lunch will be provided. The conference is free, but registration is required.
Visit umsl.edu/ibcc/index.html to registration or for more information.
Short URL: https://blogs.umsl.edu/news/?p=46424