Follow us on our Adventure!

Excited to attend GHC 2016!!!

My name is Jamillah Boyd, and I serve in the role of Strategic Communications Specialist for the UMSL College of Business Administration. I completed my undergraduate and graduate studies at UMSL. My areas of study were information systems, business administration, and adult & higher education. I attended the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing last year as a conference volunteer. I had a great experience working with the team at the Anita Borg Institute as well as the speakers, presenters, and attendees. It was an enriching and valuable experience. This year I will be able to fully immerse in the conference offerings with more than 15,000 attendees.

I am passionate about technology. Yes, I’ve camped out for a new phone and stayed up all night to download the latest release of an operating system. My passion extends beyond the physical devices into accessibility and how we utilize technology. Effectively utilizing technology can stimulate innovation.

I am most excited about the plenary on Wednesday afternoon with Susan Cain. Quiet is a way of life for me, and I am excited to learn more about how organizations can maximize the power of introverts.