Follow us on our Adventure!

Excited and Ready! 

My name is Damon Walker and I’m an Information Systems major. I’ve always had a passion for

computers. I can still remember when my mom brought home the Apple IIc. My siblings and I

would play on that thing for hours. My favorite game was ‘Where in the World Is Carmen San

Diego?’. Funny what I thought was so awesome then is part of history now. Both the Apple IIc

and the Apple Dot Matrix Image Writer, similar to what my family owned, are on display in the

Grace’s Place at UMSL.

The first time that I saw Grace’s Place at UMSL, I was amazed by all of the cool vintage

gadgets. Then, I thought… who is Grace and why is she so special? She had to have been

really amazing to get all these items placed in a museum in her honor. Fast forward a few

semesters and Professor Sauter reminded us once again what made Grace so special. She

was a pioneer for women in IT. I won’t go into her life story, but I’m honored to have been

accepted to embark on this journey to celebrate Grace Hopper and all women in IT. The world

becomes a better place when all of us are allowed to share ideas and grow together.

I can go on and on, but I have homework that I have to complete… and I need to finish

preparing for this event.

I’m looking forward to a educational, exciting, and fun experience. Everyone has accepted me

with open arms, and I’m glad that you guys are willing have me.

GHC 2016!!!!