Follow us on our Adventure!

You are what you choose to be!

I am Ritu Rathod and I am pursuing my Masters in Information Systems. My journey at UMSL began in Fall 2018. I remember so clearly, it was during my programming class that I heard of the Grace Hopper Conference for the first time. On researching about it, I was fascinated by the scale of this conference that I knew I wanted to attend the conference the following year. It is that decision that brings me here today!

I look forward to attending the Grace Hopper Conference because I have started enjoying meeting new people, attending breakout sessions and networking events. This was not true for me a couple of months back. It is events like these that have helped me grow and come out to be more confident and aware.

After I graduate, I want to work in the field of IT and I believe this conference is going to open a gateway of opportunities for me. The one thing that UMSL has taught me in the past two semesters, is that when an opportunity knocks, you answer!

I wish to attend the conference so that I can learn about new technologies, interact with people from different fields and become more aware about various jobs offered in IT. Attending the Grace Hopper Conference will help me bring back my learnings to UMSL and empower others to dream and think big!

#UMSLĀ  #Information Systems #Hopper #Women in Technology #UMSL2GHC

Categorised in: Hello World, Who Are We?, Women's Issues