All ODEI Spring 2021 Professional Development will take place online.
Open to all UMSL employees (faculty, staff, TA’s, GA’s, student staff). You must register with an umsl.edu or umsystem.edu email.
Click here to download the full Spring schedule.
DEI Core Concepts
This introductory level series provides an opportunity to learn about foundational concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a judgement-free zone. All sessions take place on Zoom for 90 minutes. Click here for more information.
- Moving Towards Inclusive Excellence: Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Understanding Ourselves, Understanding Others: Introduction to Identity and Intersectionality
- What’s culture got to do with it? Introduction to Culture, Communication, and Values
- Obstacles to inclusion: Introduction to implicit bias, microaggressions, stereotype threat, and imposter syndrome
- Making the invisible visible: Introduction to Social Privilege and Normative Power
DEI Short Courses
These 3-session short courses are designed for those who ready to delve a little deeper in order to enhance knowledge, awareness, and skills for diversity and inclusion. Click here for more information.
- Fast and Slow Thinking: Implicit Bias Series
- Building Bridges: Inclusive Communication Skills
- The Power of Words: Inclusive Language Series
- Cracking the Codes: Understanding the System of Racial Inequality
DEI Semester+ Long Courses
These courses offer the opportunity for deeper engagement with cohort of peer learners. The courses are designed to be flexible for both synchronous and asynchronous online participation.
Anti-racism Learning & Dialogue Series (February 10 – June 2, 2021) Click here for more information and registration.
Diversity 101 (February 1 – April 23, 2021) Click here for more information and registration.