Follow us on our Adventure!

Plans for GHC 2018

As a first-timer to the Grace Hopper Celebration, I anticipate to learn more in many tracks. One of the tracks I am looking forward to is the Career track. Some of the sessions in this track expand on “5 Tips to Help You Succeed”, “Bringing the ‘Personal’ back to Branding”, and “Having it all with a Disability”. Each of these sessions intrigued me to pre-register for them. As a graduate student, I want to know more on how to succeed in my career and to also brand myself. The session “Having it all with a Disability” inspired me to pre-register for it because I have a disability myself. Not all disabilities are visible to the human-eye and I want to know more regarding this. In addition to those, I was surprised to an extent that they have a session called “Designing for Voice: Why Alexa Buys My Toilet Paper” because in my current role I am analyzing data coming from Alexa devices. Since I am already working with Alexa in my current position, I decided to pre-register for that session to see if there is any more information I could learn about Alexa. The sessions listed above were just some that sparked my interest. There were many more sessions that I registered for that I am looking forward to learning from. I am proud of myself in wanting to learn more in different tracks while at the Grace Hopper Celebration. I look forward to bringing back my learning’s and expanding on my own with that knowledge.

Categorised in: AI, Amazon, Career, Conference Details