Halloween at UMSL 2019

International Day of the Girl @ UMSL
October 11, 2019
nina villanova featured
UMSL Global Student Assistant Spotlight: Nina Villano
October 29, 2019

Halloween is one of the scariest, silliest and candied night of the year. Here at UMSL we take Halloween pretty seriously. Two of the main Halloween events we have every year are ‘Trick or Treating in the MSC’ and ‘Haunted Honors’.

Trick or Treating at the MSC starts at around 9am on the 31st and goes on till late in the evening. It is like a small scavenger hunt, only for the students and faculty at UMSL. All those participating are given a bag of candy from the Triton Store and a list of rooms they should visit for trick or treating and getting candy. I also participated in it last year and by the end of it had a full bag of candy which satisfied my sweet tooth for months.

Haunted Honors however, is a public event and is open to all families, students and faculty. It is one of the most anticipated events of the year at UMSL. Haunted Honors is organized by the Honors College however the rooms and scares are decorated and used by different UMSL Student bodies and organizations.

I was part of UMSL’s Residence Life and Authority last year. We had to set up a room and buy costumes according to it and had decided on making a haunted doll house and all of us precipitating dressed up as possessed dolls. Other rooms included Zombieland, murdered nurses, haunted hospital etc. I am extremely excited to be volunteering at Haunted Honors this year as well. It is one of those events which brings all students and faculty together. It’s fun because everyone is dressed up and it is also thrilling to see people jump every time you scare them. I would highly encourage each and every one of you to visit the Honors College at 8 on October 30 in order to have a bewildering time you won’t forget!

nac4f8
nac4f8
Hi! My name is Neeha Chaudhry. I'm an international student from Pakistan, and am a sophomore at UMSL majoring in International Business. UMSL's International Business Department was one of the main reasons I chose UMSL. It's amongst the Top 25 in The US, is highly renowned and is AACSB accredited. Moreover, I've been working with UMSL Global for about a year now and it's been one of the best decisions I took freshman year when toking for a job on campus. Working with them I've met various new international students. It's not only helped me make new friends it has also enhanced many of my skills. Through this blog I hope to give other international students an insight at my life here at UMSL and tell them a little about St.Louis and all it has to offer.